Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pump It Up

When it comes to trends, one key tip to consider is cherry-picking. Every season, fashion designers come up with plenty of great trends but not all of them will really work on your established personal style. One thing for example for me is the slide loafers. I see them a lot in street style stars and they look ridiculously cool but they’re simply not just for me and my mammoth of a feet. Lol.

During the Chanel Fall/ Winter 2015/16 though, when Uncle Karl (lol!) sent the models in the runway in his revamped 1957 slingback style, I knew that this would be right up my alley. The two-tone cap-toe, the mid-height block heel is the perfect example of 50s retro chic and it is an absolute timeless classic. And since this is Chanel we're talking about, I promised myself that I'm going to hunt down something similar. 

I was resourceful enough to find something similar but decided against it when I found these Zara babies instead. The only difference is the missing slingback style but I could live with a block heel pump as long as the cap toe is there. I've had similar style in the form of flats before and they're utterly versatile. I couldn't be happier with the block heels too as my legs are definitely happier in them. 

Comfortable but stylish. Something about reaching that age when you could already forgo the height for something practical. Haha!


Shirtdress: ASOS; Vest/ Belt/Bag: Mango

Top: Zara; Skirt: H&M; Belt/Bag: Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment