Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Festival Spirit

Blame it on my Western dressing influence but Coachella is coming this week in Cali and I can't help but get a bit excited. Having said that, allow me to recall this poignant conversation I had with my Polish ex-boyfriend when we were still together. We were about to enter the mall when we came across this Korean mom whom he found so cute with her loosely thrown together articles of clothing and a strapped baby carrier. When he found out that I don’t share the same opinion about the woman’s laidback style (no jealousy here and he asked for my opinion to which I said "it's okay"), he simply stated “You all try to dress just like the Westerns do.”  Oh-kay. We didn’t really exactly have an argument about it but style is all about preference and it’s not my fault if I look up to Western fashion for inspiration. Right?

Anyway, back to Coachella. Yes it is a music festival but over the years with it's celebrity attendance, it has become a fashion festival too. I'm looking forward to what the celebrities would be wearing for the affair. Some has even predicted that with different retailers partnering up with the event organizers (hello H&M!), this event is well on its way on becoming a runway show soon. Fun!

If I were to attend a Coachella event, this is prolly what I’d wear. Instead of the usual cut-offs, I’d wear this asymmetric skirt I got on sale online. The event takes place in a desert like location in Cali so I think this crop top would pass for some abs (albet invisible, lol!) display and a wide-brim hat for protection from the sun. Lastly, I’ll finish this look off with some festival-ready ankle booties. All black may not be a typical color but the Kardashian sisters made it work some years ago! ;)

This is exactly what I wore to a street party held at concert grounds of Mall of Asia two weeks ago. What's best about this is that once again, it had the Topshop seal of approval in my Instagram. I really hope to see them use my photo one day. :)


Hat: Unbranded; Top: Topshop; Skirt: Zalora PH
Shoes: Mango; Bag: Charles 'n Keith



No comments:

Post a Comment